We have an urgent request for prayer today! Isaiah is going in for a partial Nissen Fundoplication--the surgery we have been trying to avoid for the past 2 years because of its complications and failure percentages. However, at this point, we have no other options. This is our last option in trying to help Isaiah stop throwing up every day, to help prevent damage from his severe reflux. For 2 years, Isaiah has thrown up at least once a day. For the past 4-6 months, that has significantly increased to the point he has actually destroyed several of the floors in our home. He is uncomfortable and has become limited in the amount of activities he can participate in. Running, jumping, sneezing, laughing, coughing, standing, etc. can cause him to vomit. There is no rhyme or reason, and nothing non-surgical has been able to prevent this. It has been incredibly frustrating.
This abdominal surgery takes the top of the stomach and wraps it partially around the esophagus, tightening up the sphincter. The purpose is to make it more difficult to burp or vomit or to allow for reflux up the esophagus. Isaiah is also having adenoids removed, due to increased congestion/trouble breathing and his ear tubes replaced due to crusting.
Please pray specifically for:
1. That the surgery is successful and Isaiah will be free from discomfort, reflux, and vomiting.
2. Wisdom for Dr. Joy Collins (General Surgery), for Dr. Karen Zur (ENT), and for the anesthesiologist.
3. Isaiah CANNOT, under any circumstance, throw up post-op. Vomiting can destroy the surgical site and cause a whole new set of complications. He absolutely needs to rest and feel comfortable.
4. For our family--we will not all be together for 7 days. Pray that we will survive all the driving back and forth and separation.
5. Josiah turns 5 on Feb. 15th and Isaiah turns 3 on Feb. 20th. It's been hard for Chris and I knowing we can't be together as a family to celebrate on their birthdays.
I'll be honest--I am completely worried about Isaiah going under general anesthesia again and this complex surgery. I don't want it, nor does Chris. We just don't know what else to do. I don't have the capacity to trust God right now; so, I am asking for the faithful prayer warriors to intercede on my/our behalf. Thank you for praying.