Dear Family and Friends,
We have some urgent prayer requests that we would like you all to pray for. We honestly feel everyone’s prayers. God uses them to keep us going, give us strength, and give us hope to face another day.
We were down at CHOP again last Thursday, Jan. 29th. We were supposed to meet with the neonatal surgeon, Dr. Holly Hedrick, but she was pulled away to surgery and we never got to meet with her. Instead we met with everyone else on the CHOP team, which included a nurse midwife, an in-patient OB/GYN doctor, a social worker, an anesthesiologist, our regular OB doctor, and we received a tour of the NICU and the new maternity ward. Everyone was very nice and took a lot of time with us. They never rushed us. We were treated like the most important people at that time. They helped put our minds at ease with our transfer of care officially down to CHOP.
We had another ultrasound while were we there. Isaiah is growing nicely. He is approximately 5 lbs. Unfortunately, he has more fluid on his brain and has borderline hydrocephaly (water on the brain, not just in the ventricles). I am still hoping he can be born naturally, which leads us to our prayer requests.
The most pressing issues right now are as follows:
1) All of us have been sick. Josiah is recovering from pneumonia, RSV, and an ear infection. Thankfully, we caught it in time and he didn’t end up in the hospital like he did last year, but we still had to postpone his 2nd birthday party. Chris and I have been fighting colds, but then on Sat. I ended up with food poisoning from Olive Garden. Pray that we all get better soon.
2) Isaiah is breech again, and the doctors at CHOP are tentatively scheduling a C-section for my 38th week (around the 3rd week of Feb)of pregnancy. I am terrified of having a C-section, because I need to be able to get around and help take care of a sick baby. Pray that Isaiah turns head down and makes it home for 2 months.
3) On Tuesday, Feb. 3rd, we are back down at CHOP for an amniocentesis. They will hopefully determine exactly what Isaiah has so we can prepare a plan of care for him. They will also be taking blood from both Chris and me for further testing. I am scared about having the amniocentesis done. Pray for steady hands for Dr. Johnson and calmness of heart for me, and that we will be over our colds by Tuesday.
4) Pray that I will be able to pick up some work in the hospital before Isaiah comes.
5) Lastly, we have some unspoken requests that really need God’s intervention. Pray that God works out the situations for us.
Thanks again for all of your support. Please keep in touch. We have been encouraged to know that even people we have not seen or talked to in many years have been praying on our behalf.